This is "good eats" as taste-tested by foodie friend Bisaya in Manila.
3 fresh large eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped Kangkong (water spinach)
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (optional, I found it sitting in the fridge)
1/4 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp milk
1 pinch brown sugar (makes life a little sweeter)
1 pinch parsley & garlic salt or plain salt
Butter for sauteing (just a little is good for the spirit)
1. Beat eggs, milk, cheese,sugar and salt together. Take pity on the eggs, don't over beat. Set aside.
2. In a non-stick pan, melt some butter in medium heat and saute the mushrooms and finely chopped kangkong. Saute just enough so the vegetables "sweat", this takes about a minute.
3. Pour the egg mixture and in the pan. Scramble like Martha Stewart by "pushing the eggs toward center while tilting skillet to distribute runny parts".
4. Plate the dish and enjoy! Don't forget to share some with your kid.
**This recipe is good for 1 toddler and 1 mommy serving.
* Parsley and Garlic Salt is available at Gourdo's.