400 grams of fusilli/twisted pasta ( any shape will do)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 packages Del Monte Carbonara Sauce
1 small can sliced mushrooms,drained
1 can tuna in oil (or in brine, just drain the water)
1/2 cup broccoli flowers
2 to 3 slices of ham or bacon finely chopped
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
a dash of crushed oregano and ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. While pasta is cooking, chop the onions and garlic, set aside. Cut the broccoli flowers, remove the stalk. You can include the soft part but take the skin off first. Set aside.
3. Heat a little oil in a shallow pan, saute onion for a few seconds then add the garlic. This prevents the garlic from burning. Add bacon, mushroom, tuna and Crabonara sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Toss in the broccoli and pasta until sauce is distributed evenly. Take care not to overcook the broccoli.
5. Top with crumbled blue cheese, serve and enjoy!
*No ready made Carbonara Sauce? Chill! You can substitute with 1 can Mushroom Soup.;